BREASTFEEDING ESSENTIALS TO INCLUDE IN YOUR OWN DIY NURSING BASKET
What Basket to Use?
Anything you have on hand! It can even a grocery store paper bag. Whatever you can find around the house.
TIP – I used to get my toddler to draw me something on a grocery store paper bag while I nursed my new-born to include him in the process. He would get so excited to then see me using his bag <3
What To Put in Your Breastfeeding Basket?
- My Boobie Bag Starter Kits – the easiest way to create a basket it to buy one of our starter kits (www.honeysuckle.co.nz), literally includes everything you could need for your boobies!
- Water Bottle – breastfeeding is thirsty work, try to use a water bottle which is easy to open with one hand.
- Nipple Cream – During the early weeks apply lanolin cream on nipples before and after nursing sessions to protect the nipples while baby is still learning to latch.
- Breastfeeding cover – keep one close by in case of unexpected visitors!
- Haakaa Breastmilk Collector – something else we include in our full Boobie bag. To capture your let down/leaked milk.
- Reusable Breast Pads – as a back up in case you don’t feel like using a pump or if you don’t have it the basket! Reusable breast pads come in all our Boobie Bag!
- Entertainment for yourself – TV remote, phone charger/phone, magazine or book.
- Wheat bag/Soothing Gel Pads – to help with engorged breasts and increasing milk let down in those early days. Boobie Bags include a pair of boobie shaped wheat bags 😊 keep one in the fridge when you want cold and heat one up when you desire heat.
- Blankets – one for you and one for baby.
- SNACKS – anything tasty and portable (granola/oat bars, lactation cookies, dried fruit, trail mix, nuts, crackers, popcorn, dark chocolate, veggie crisps).
- Baby wipes/nappies/milk storage bags
- Lip Balm
- Necklace or similar – for those mums who have babies constantly playing with your face or scratching. Get a large necklace or something around your neck that baby can be distracted with while breastfeeding.
Love Beheshta (Bee),
My Boobie Bag